The theme: New perspectives of research on Islamic history, art and culture in Uzbekistan
On 16 April, 2020, the Abu Rayhan al-Biruni Institute of Oriental Studies of the Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Uzbekistan and Research Centre for Islamic History, Art and Culture (IRCICA) will organize the Joint International Conference of Young Orientalists named after academician Ubaydulla Karimov. The organizers invite undergraduates, post-doctoral students and independent researchers who are conducting research in various fields of Oriental Studies. While focusing on young researchers, the age of other researchers is not limited.
Deadline for submission of academic papers in Uzbek, English and Russian is February 29, 2020 (5-10 pages). The conference materials will be published by IRCICA in Istanbul, Turkey in the form of proceedings.
Regulation for each presentation is 15 minutes. Requirements to article texts:
- The text of the article should be in Times New Roman font, 12 characters, and 1.5 intervals.
- Paper size: A4 (210-297 mm).
- The text should be left 2.5 cm from the top, 1.5 cm from the bottom, 1.5 cm from the right and 3 cm from the left.
- The first row of the upper-right corner of the page contains the name and surname of the speaker, the second row contains the full name of the organization, the third line contains the telephone number (with the code) and the email address.
- The title is printed in the middle of the page, in the fifth line, in bold capital letters.
- The article is required to present a brief summary of the problem raised by the topic, its solution, its scientific practical significance and its conclusion. Requirements for the scientific apparatus can be expressed below the line (for example: Shoniozov K. The process of forming the Uzbek people. Tashkent, 2001. B. 135.)
- You will be asked to submit the article electronically.
Late or ineligible articles will not be accepted.
Later we will inform you about exact date and place!
100170, Tashkent, Mirzo Ulugbek Street, 79, Institute of Oriental Studies named after Abu Rayhan Beruni